Eligibility Requirements and Deadlines
- To submit an entry to the essay contest, an individual must be a citizen of the United States currently enrolled in a United States high school.
- All contest materials must be received by January 1st, 2016 by 11:59 PM EST.
This year we will be accepting multimedia responses, which will be judged in their own separate categories and awarded respective prizes.
Please submit your prompt response to the Yale Scientific Magazine Synapse email- email@example.com :
- Essays should be double-spaced, typed in Times New Roman, size 12 font, with 1 inch document margins. Please limit responses to 1000 words.
- Video/Audio submissions should be 30 seconds to 3 minutes long.
- Artwork/Photography of all forms is welcome. Please send either an image(s) or scans of your response. Participants may also include an optional paragraph (max. 300 words) further explaining their response.
2015 Essay Prompt
What do you think is the most under-addressed issue in science today? Why?
- Each individual may only submit one (1) entry per category.
- Each submission should reflect the contestant’s own work and original thinking. Entries that show evidence of plagarism will not be considered.
- 3. Each contestant must submit their response via email to the Yale Scientific Magazine Synapse email : firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please include any citations in Chicago style at the end of the essay or in a separate document for multimedia submissions.
1st place essay and 1st place artwork/photography will be published in the new issue of the Yale Scientific Magazine. 1st place video/audio will be featured on the YSM website and youtube channel.
1st and 2nd place essays, artwork/photography, and video/audio will be published on our website at www.yalescientific.org.
Top 2 entries in each category will also receive certificates, a yearly subscription to the publication, and a Yale Scientific Magazine t-shirt.
Winners and honorable mentions will be announced on our website and contacted via email.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or need any clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.